Wednesday Nov 09, 2022
Episode 9 - Getting to Know Trusting Yourself, with Dr. Ingrid Clayton, PhD
Host Natasha Levinger and her co-host/husband/producer, Brett, are so excited to talk to Dr. Ingrid Clayton, author of Believing Me: Healing from Narcissistic Abuse and Complex Trauma, the compelling and honest memoir of her emotional journey as a trauma survivor.
In the interview, they talk about
- Reaching the universal through the specific
- "The Levinger Bump"
- The widespread damage caused by gaslighting
- Fighting the idea of your abuse being "not that bad"
- Beginning to identify as a trauma survivor
- Complex PTSD
- The freedom Ingrid felt when her abuser died
- The compulsion and drive to write her story
- Investigating her own personal history
- Accessing her fight response despite decades spent as a fawner
In the rest of the episode, Natasha & Brett discuss
- How much the podcast is like QVC
- How to find time for things you want to do
- The relative thickness of cardboard
- Lack of media coverage for "black" news
- "Viscous" is grosser than "gooey"
- The energy of the week ahead
- And more!
- Don't forget to rate/review us on Apple Podcasts and Spotify and tell your friends about us
- Natasha's book, Healing Your Inner Child, is available for pre-order now on Amazon.
- You can schedule a healing or learn about about Natasha's work by visiting highestlighthealing.com
- Also, if you sign up for Natasha's newsletter, you'll get three free guided audio meditations, including one on clearing your chakras!
- Send questions or show topic suggestions to email@example.com
Getting to Know Woo is a weekly podcast dedicated to dispelling the rhetoric that so-called "woo-woo" practices such as energy work, energy healing, inner child healing, chakra clearing, and more are impractical and ineffective, and instead are pragmatic, transformative, and powerful.
Mentioned in the show:
- Ingrid's instagram and youtube channel
- Higher Learning podcast with Van Lathan & Rachel Lindsay
- The 1975
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.