Host Natasha Levinger and her co-host/husband/producer, Brett, are happy to interview Devin Brooks, Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapist.
In this episode, they discuss:
- Devin's start in music therapy
- Working with complex trauma
- Protecting your energy when working with disregulated people
- Checking your agenda at the door
- The definition of trauma
- The difference between PTSD and Complex Trauma
- How trauma stops development of the self
- Thrill-seeking as a trauma response
- Feeling "bored" by healthy relationships
- Lack of childhood memories as a symptom of trauma
- "Easy Child" syndrome
- Safety feels uncomfortable when you're used to chaos
- Tips for sitting with discomfort
- Gaining vocabulary for your feelings
- Brett's McGuyver pop filter
- Natasha's birthday weekend
- Our two new senior foster cats
- How fear affects people and animals
- Getting through "The Messy Middle"
- True Self or Future Self
- "Human beings, not human doings"
- And more!
- Pre-order Natasha's new book, Healing Your Inner Child, and get a free class. Details in the show.
- You can schedule a healing or learn about about Natasha's work by visiting highestlighthealing.com
- Don't forget to rate/review us on Apple Podcasts and Spotify and tell your friends about us
- Also, if you sign up for Natasha's newsletter, you'll get three free guided audio meditations, including one on clearing your chakras!
- Send questions or show topic suggestions to email@example.com
Getting to Know Woo is a weekly podcast dedicated to dispelling the rhetoric that so-called "woo-woo" practices such as energy work, energy healing, inner child healing, chakra clearing, and more are impractical and ineffective, and instead are pragmatic, transformative, and powerful.
Mentioned in the show:
- Devin's Instagram
- Somatic Experiencing Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- Natasha's Energy Report on Mind Body Green
- Friend of the Pod and gifted human being, Jonathan Koe
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.